Friday, February 11, 2011

The Great Closet Purge


That's right friends....i'm going in (eek!). My tiny closet in our house is overflowing. In an effort to streamline and "practical-ize" my wardrobe, here's what I'm going to do:
1) PURGE! Yep. If i havent ever worn it, won't ever wear it, or it needs heavy alterations, its adios. Unfortunately, I have purchased literally dozens of dresses that don't fit, and then i hang them up in high hopes, only to find them five months later.
2) ASSESS: What do I still need to tie my wardrobe together? A few things would be:
-a straight leg pair of tweed/ khaki trousers, high waisted, and slim fit.
-A better black pencil skirt, that fits correctly high waisted.
-regular slim leg jeans from Citizens of Humanity *the best jean EVER for petites!
-suede wedges, black flats
-flowy white blouse that can be tucked in
-belts!
3) SELL! i give my clothes to three different consignment shops and so far have been really successful in selling them. it gives me extra money for the above items i ACTUALLY need and not more random items.
So here goes...we will see how this ends ;-)

No comments: